Pretend


 As I was writing my last exam of this semester, I felt sleepy to keep myself awake I had to move my eyes from place to place to see something interesting while roaming my eyes I spotted a board with a sketch where two young men were discussing something seriously while having a cup of coffee with a set of books aside the table below that drawing we could see a phrase which goes like "If I talk about a topic I pretend like knowing everything about that topic and the listener pretends to listen to everything carefully". This is not the exact phrase but the phrase gives you the same meaning which made me think of a person instantly and That's me I could see myself reflecting on the phrase as I'd do the same if I had to take seminars although I know nothing about the topic I would go there to take a seminar with some notes that I took on the topic and pretend like I've known this topic long ago but then if you ask me a question I would get a blank mind by which I couldn't process anything. But today while looking at the board I thought to myself that we can't be pretending about something which could also be our future. If I keep on pretending to know that topic then when am I going to study it for real, if we become a professional in the same field then how are we gonna work? Although we do it for seminars and marks at the last minute we should go through the same topic when we get time and study it before our exams. Listening to someone without getting distracted is also a skill by which we can gain knowledge and learn the things of which we weren't aware. I thought to take a snap of the board but it was in the examination hall so I couldn't. Let me know about your experience of pretending in the comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9th KOREA DAY AT MCC

PLANS, FOR GOOD

SLEEP