Dad as a teacher

 

My parents used to teach me certain things with a calm face at first but my poor brain tested their patience which ended up getting a nice smack in my head from my parents. It mostly happened when my dad taught me to ride a scooter It happened when I was 11 years old, I'm not even near my dad's shoulder now then just imagine how could my leg reach to the ground even now it won't, but my father wants me to learn riding a scooter to which I couldn't even deny to them. At the initial stage of my learning, Dad would sit behind me and hold the handlebar with his both hands and later he started to support me only with his left hand when I lost balance and got a good shot either in my head or hand then somehow get balance and try to lead a good ride without getting any special gifts which make my hand red as a tomato. After years of getting a lot of criticism from my dad whenever he gives chance to ride a bike, it does make sense because I'll make a lot of mistakes. Till now I can ride a bike but won't get our scooter home without getting yelled by strangers at least once a day. But everyone masters an art by falling and getting criticism from people. I do cry when I get nice scolding from my dad while riding a bike in public yes....people do stare at me with pity but without those slaps, I wouldn't be able to ride a bike now. I even thought of quitting while learning to drive but my parents forced me which helped me a lot now. I don't have to disturb anyone to go somewhere and it helps our family when there is an urgent. Some things look scary while learning and even make us to quit but overcoming our fear and the criticism that we face today by doing things that scare us the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANS, FOR GOOD

SLEEP

9th KOREA DAY AT MCC